City of Tustin, CA
Forgot your password?
or, Sign In with:
City of Tustin, CA
Community Services Commission Meeting
Meeting Time: June 15, 2022 at 6:00pm PDT
Closed for Comment June 15, 2022 at 4:00pm PDT
The online Comment window has expired
Select an Agenda Item to Comment on.
CALL TO ORDER 6:00 p.m.
1. APPROVAL OF THE MAY 18, 2022, REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
2. COMMUNICATION AND CORRESPONDENCE Correspondence received on behalf of the Commission for the month of June.
3. FINDINGS REQUIRED BY AB 361 FOR THE CONTINUED USE OF TELECONFERENCING FOR MEETINGS In order for the Commission to continue to have the option to meet via teleconference during the pandemic, AB 361 required the Commission to make specified findings at least every thirty (30) days.
a. A state of emergency has been proclaimed by California’s Governor due to the COVID-19 pandemic and continues in effect; and
b. The Commission has reconsidered the circumstances of the state of emergency; and
c. State and local officials continue to recommend measures to promote social distancing to slow the spread of COVID-19.
4. COMMUNITY SERVICES COMMISSION STRATEGIC PRIORITIES The Community Services Commission reviews its Strategic Priorities annually to make any necessary adjustments. The purpose of clearly defining Strategic Priorities for the Commission is to establish goals and objectives as an advisory board to the City Council and the Parks and Recreation Department. RECOMMENDATION It is recommended that the Commission review the 2021-22 Fiscal Year Strategic Priorities, discuss potential updates, and adopt a final draft of the Strategic Priorities for the 2022-23 Fiscal Year.
5. EVENT REVIEW – CINCO DE MAYO, MEMORIAL DAY REMEMBRANCE, STREET FAIR AND CHILI COOK-OFF, AND TALENT SHOW The Community Services Commission’s Strategic Priorities include recommending improvements to community special events. The Parks and Recreation Department’s four most recent events were Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day Remembrance, Street Fair and Chili Cook-Off, and the Talent Show. RECOMMENDATION Review and provide input on the four most recent 2022 special events.
6. RECOGNITION OF JULY AS PARKS MAKE LIFE BETTER! MONTH The Community Services Commission will discuss opportunities for recognition of July 2022 as Parks Make Life Better! month. RECOMMENDATION It is recommended that the Community Services Commission identify their preferred options for recognition of July 2022 as Parks Make Life Better! month.
7. COMMISSIONER PARK VISIT REPORTS Commissioners will provide a report to the Commission on their park visits as follows: Wesson Heritage, Pine Tree, Tustin Sports Henderson Frontier, Veterans Sports, Victory Marsh Peery Citrus Ranch, Laurel Glen, Magnolia Tree, McFadden-Pasadena Kozak Cedar Gove, Peppertree, Pioneer Road Nakamoto Camino Real, Centennial, Columbus Tustin
8. COMMISSIONER LIAISON REPORTS Commissioners will provide a report to the Commission on their liaison assignments as follows: Wesson Tustin Community Foundation Henderson Economic Development Marsh Peery Community Outreach Kozak Special Events Nakamoto Senior Advisory Board
Terms and Conditions
© 2024 Granicus